Solid Perfume Forums General Lauder Solids Talk Your Last New Solid

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 748 total)
  • Author

Thats the way to go Jen….If you don't want it, don't use it, sell it on and buy what you like with the money.

Last October I put the whole contents of my lounge to auction, the money it raised went towards a whole new look.

I save everything that we don't want and in the Summer when the weather is good I go and stand car boot and sell it….One persons rubbish is another persons treasure…. 😆

Margaret

Yuen
    'butterflies1219' wrote on '08:

I laugh at how often we are all probably bidding like mad against eachother! Collecting solid perfumes does dig on the pockets! LOL! I have actually gone thru other items (like all my jewelry) and sold it on ebay so I could make more play money for my solids! I decided I didn't want my jewelry collection as much as I wanted my solids! A sign of a truly hooked solid collector!! I have tried to limit myself to so many a check, but the draw of the solids at a good price or one I just had thought I wanted is just too strong. Be careful, it can get out of control quickly!!

And yes, the postman is always too slow, no matter what when you are anticipating a new solid in the mail!!

Jennifer

Yes I know. The husband has already starting to ask “how many actually have you bought?” or when I said I lost an auction by a dollar, he'll say “thank god”!!!

Alice

Brigitte
    'butterflies1219' wrote on '08:

Ok so for my happy easter to me, I got the 1997 Knowing Bunny! It is so precious. I noticed interestingly it is not marked with the Estee Lauder marking inside. Probably due to the design of the rounded back of the bunny!

Hi Jenn,

The bunny is marked, but one hardly can see it.

Take the magnifying glass and when you open it look at the place where the hinge axis (it took quite a time for me to find out how this part is called even in German and then look it up in the dictionary 😆 <_< ) is.

On the top part of the Bunny you will see it next to the hinge axis.

One hardly can see it, but it's there.

Brigitte

P.E.Parry

Does anyone know how many don't have the Estee mark? The only ones I have that I can't find the mark on are the Secret Treasure and Acorn necklace.

butterflies1219

Well I looked but I can't see it well, so I have ordered one of those jewelry loupes. I figure it will come in handy to read some other things too! LOL! Thanks B!

So as for my newest solid.. I finally got my first in the ivory series the Cinnabar Contented Cat! Yeah! I have put it next to my bed on the nightstand because I want to keep looking at it! It doesn't look flea bitten to me! LOL!

I also got MIB Beautiful Brilliant Cardinal, Spinning Top, Jingle Bell, Heavenly Harp, Golden Elephant, Polished Jewel, Golden Rabbit, Tropical Fish white linen and the Spellbound Tropical Fish, Knowing Golden Pineapple and Engraved Heart! Yeah, my list is growing. Now my display space is needing to expand also!

I also got the golden shell on necklace that was supposed to be in the original box, but when I received it, it is the bottom half of the inner box and outer part of the sleeve. GRrrrrr. The consigner said the seller thinks it is worth what I paid for it even with the boxes messed up but I am arguing that I would not have paid that much and most people wouldn't if they knew the boxes were incorrectly listed and it is very obvious they don't line up. But I am still fighting with that one instead of enjoying it like I should be. One of the pitfalls of ebay.

Hope everyone has a good week! I am off to the convention!

Jennifer in Jax

Sandra
    Participant

Woo Hoo ! I just bought the Sea Turtle – can't wait to actually get him !! 😀

daisy

Hi 😀

I got the sea turtle just before christmas, you will not be disappointed it's gorgeous.

Enjoy!!!

P.E.Parry

I made a nice score at the IPBA. Came home with the Necklace of Good Wishes, Blue Nights, Brilliant Heart, a Holiday Remembrance box and the round blue double profile Cameo w/white enamel interior. I always find some goodies there.

Phyllis

P.E.Parry

I made a nice score at the IPBA. Came home with the Necklace of Good Wishes, Blue Nights, Brilliant Heart, a Holiday Remembrance box and the round blue double profile Cameo w/white enamel interior. I always find some goodies there.

Phyllis

butterflies1219

Oh I had the wonderful experience of the IPBA convention, but the best part was getting some amazing solids from Phyllis who has me giddy with excitement over my haul!!

I got the Affectionate Fish, Imperial Dog, Lucky Rabbit… so my ivory series is growing thank you Phyllis! I also got from Phyllis the Cameo (full gold head so pretty), Carved Crescent, round silver Super solid, the Ginger Jewel (thank you for not letting me walk away from that Phyllis), the green Jeweler's Enamel. If I could have moved faster to grab up some of the other solids, I would have had more, but they were being swooped up fast. I did get some other non Estee solids from Phyllis to add to my collection too. I had such a super time getting to meet Phyllis and also I met Woody for the first time also. From him I purchased the Beyond Paradise necklace which he helped me put on to wear since it matched my outfit that day.

I really enjoyed my first IPBA convention and I'm looking forward to Las Vegas next year already.

Jennifer in Jax

Yuen

I really envy you all that could go to the convention! I am just too far away to go but maybe one day …….

Alice

Sandra
    Participant
    'daisy' wrote on '04:

Hi 😀

I got the sea turtle just before christmas, you will not be disappointed it's gorgeous.

Enjoy!!!

Hi Daisy – you are right !! I love him – he's gorgeous and lovely to have. 🙂

P.E.Parry

The convention was a blast. The host chapter was my Florida Flamingos and we are a crazy and fun group. As hosts we were permitted our own exhibit showcase for members to display collections. I was asked to display my Florida themed solids and I managed to arrange 46 ELs on my shelf. They drew loads of interest and questions. Hope it may have sparked some additional interest in solids. There were actually a lot more solid collectors there this year. I decided to sell all my duplicates and powder compacts and misc “stuff” living in my closets so as to make room for more “stuff”. I sold everything I had for sale. Didn't have one MIB solid left. At very reasonable prices they flew away. It was great to meet Jennifer, she is a neat and fun lady. Love her enthusiasm, we had fun together and I'm happy she got to add some good ones to her collection.

One interesting sale was to a man who purchased a beautiful MIB EL powder compact. Said it was a gift for his wife. As he walked away with it he said “you may be interested to know who my wife is – she is Arlene Dahl”. He turned out to be the Key Note Address speaker at the annual meeting. He is Marc Rosen, famous designer of perfume bottles for many of the big perfume houses. In his talk he mentioned how he had met Arlene through the business and that they had been married 28 years. He also mentioned buying the compact for her at the market. We sure kept busy as there were plenty of things to do in addition to drooling over the wonders in the exhibition hall. Even a pajama party with a silent movie and popcorn. There were some outrages get ups. Niw we have to gear up for Vegas next year.

Sandra
    Participant

Thanks for the summary, Phyllis !

Sounds FABULOUS !! 😆

Are you able to upload any pictures to the site for us please?

Petals

Thanks Phyllis.

Am saving for the next Convention. Margaret, hope I can join you! 😕

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 748 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.