Solid Perfume Forums General Lauder Solids Talk New Book For Sale! A Collector's Guide To Estee Lauder Solid Perfumes 2002 – 2015

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

How disappointing and what a shame it has come down to this . . .

It’s just ethics when you author a book or whatever, you always, always, always cite your sources unless its ALL YOUR OWN WORK.

I have not purchased a copy of the book myself yet, but am so very disappointed that at least 2 long term members of this site and people I would consider my friends, have been “ripped off” this way.

You simply cannot and should not make money or fame from other people’s ideas or work.  Bad ethics and bad business. 😡

I don’t think I will bother purchasing it now – no great loss.

Sorry to say, Ann, I can’t see how you would be proud of what you think you have created if you have used other people’s images and still constantly deny doing it.

In my opinion, you have spoilt the integrity of this site, which is why a lot of original members rarely use it to communicate anymore, as you (with others) have taken away the excitement of sharing about collecting EL solids.

Brigitte and Galina, I feel your anger about this.  We can only say ‘Karma’ in this situation.

Brigitte

Thanks Sandra for your soothing post

🙄

As you know well, since 2003 everyone has been able to see all the pics as of powder compcts, prototypes etc. on my website:

http://www.swisslady.com

On this forum too I’ve always sheared new informations I got to know about Estée Lauder and answered questions from members as far as I was able to.

If you open the “Attached Files” everyone may see a print screen of the pics of my website and the pics in the powder compact book

and make her/his own opinion about all this.

nyslzzle
    Participant
    Well ladies and gentleman,

I am tired of defending my self but I will do it one more time. Once and for all I have copyrights to both my books including the pictures. I am not going to post them here because I don’t have to. Galina should have them by now as a response to her vero complaint on ebay. I assume Brigitte will have them shortly as well since she also made a vero complaint.

Now first, Galina is accusing me of using one of her pictures and she does this because she says I have different backgrounds for my pictures. So what! I can use as many different backgrounds as I want. Galina tried to threaten me into giving her a free copy of my book. I will attach the message she sent me via ebay. Even ebay thought it was strange that the vero complaint came in shortly after that message was sent to me. Ha! she wont persue action if I send her a free book. What kind of crap is that? See it below.

Now as for Brigitte, over 5 years ago I explained to her that I purchased a large collection of EL powder compacts from a man named Bliely and with that purchase came 2 disks (yes disks it was that long ago) of pictures. These pictures were purchased with the collection, they belong to me and I have a receipt. Other pictures I have taken over the years. I’m sorry that she does not want to believe this. I have emails from her as well stating that she has protections on her pictures to prevent them from being copied as well.

I would like to ask all of you to go on the website pinterest and enter Estee lauder compact. See what you get. Some of them are my pictures as well as everyone elses. Welcome to the world of the internet.  I cant attach a picture you have to follow the link. pinterest.com

I am going to say it once and for all. The pictures in my book are mine. Get over it.

New message from: ny_auction (458iconTealStar_25x25.gif)

Hi Ann,

Please respond to my previous email about using my pictures for your book. Please send me a copy of your book with free shipping to NY address. I will not pursue any action upon receiving a copy of your book. Happy Holiday! Gala

Sandra

Yeah, I can’t see why Galina would want to pay for a book that has her pictures in it, even if you did run off and copyright other people’s work.  You have admitted that you didn’t take a load of photos but were purchased with a collection so you think you own them.  Did you ever ask Bliely if they were actually his pictures or if he lifted them from somewhere else ?

Just do your own work from start to finish and you won’t have this problem. 

Pursuing action is a royal pain in the neck as you would know, and possibly very costly.  Galina was probably trying make the best of the situation where you “borrowed” some of her pictures and published them in a book that you call yours and are selling them to people she knows on this site.  It was a truce and a peace offering of some sort and you should probably stop trying to defend yourself so badly.

You have admitted some of the photos in your book were “bought” from someone else and you don’t know the source of these other than that.  I’m sure the guy you bought them off didn’t realise you would publish them in a book and call them yours.  <_<

Brigitte

Thanks Sandra, you see the things the right way, as they really are.

Me too don’t see why anyone should pay for a powder book the content of which he can have for free on:

http://www.swisslady.com/POWDER.php for powder compacts

or

http://www.swisslady.com/PROTOTYPES_PC.php for prototypes of powder compacts

or

http://www.swisslady.com/PROTOTYPES.php for prototypes of powder compacts

Ann, why don’t you let us all know who Mr. Bliely is?

He could bring light into all this and explain the truth.

Even if you bought the pics from him and paid for them, that doesn’t mean that he was the one who took them or had someone taken them for him and also paid for them like I did.

And how can you put a copyright on pics that you havn’t taken yourself or have had taken them by a phptographer and paid for them?

I’m sure you don’t even own all the items that you have pics of in your book.

Why is in the powder compact book a section with a title “no pictures available” and these correspond exactly with those I’m missing too on my homepage??

You said that in 2012, when I first complained about you taking my pics for selling on eBay, you already had the 2 discs,

but I must tell you that all the Kathrin Baumann powder compacts have only be taken pics of in July to October 2013 and then been added to my homepage???? Nevertheless all these pics are in your book. I wonder how that is working….you must be a magician.

You just try to make an idiot of people who don’t share you point of view concerning justice, fairness and manners.

I had reported to eBay that you sell different powder compacts with my pics with the 2 of their boxes.

What happened? eBay cancelled the 3 items and you immediately relisted them with my pics without boxes (for everyone to understand: as you can see on my homepage I always have 2 pics of an item, 1 without box and one with it’s box or boxes if I have them).

People are fooled with these pics as they don’t get what they see, but all this doesn’t bother you.

Galina

Hello Fellow Collectors,

I have to admit that Ann’s immoral behavior have shocked not just me but many of you who read the postings and who overheard from other collectors.  She just re-listed her book for sale again after eBay removed the book based on my provided evidence that she used my pictures without my permission.  eBay sent me her hand-signed Counter Notice regarding removed book with her address and phone number, however I would not lower myself to call her.  In this document signed by her, she is under Penalty of Perjury Stated that she certifies as a “good faith belief that the listing 252697308160 was removed as a result of mistake or misidentification.”  Another eBay eMail encourages to report the book again if she re-listed.  

If you see this item listed again, you will need to submit another notice.  

Thank you for helping to keep eBay a safe and reputable forum in which to conduct business. 

Sincerely,

eBay VeRO Team

In the same Counter Notice document, she stated that she has “understood that if she misrepresented” the removed listing by mistake, “she may be liable under federal law for damages, including cost and attorneys’ fees.  See 17 U.S.C. §512.”

How do you like this?  What kind of person is she?  It looks like we have to report her all over again.

I truly believe that we need to expose her at the IPBA convention to all collectors. I am thinking to contact IPBA Board for their advice.  I heard that they scheduled their meetings via Skype.  

It would be nice if all of us collectors could stand up for our collectors rights and values.  Her auction is a ground for a class action court.    

Galina

PS.  Thank you to Brigitte and Sandra for support against this infringementer!  

Galina

I just saw that Ann has Estee Lauder Mandarine Sun Perfume compact for sale with the picture from Bergdorf Goodman website (eBay item number:  152395148643) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Estee-Lauder-Solid-Perfume-Compact-Manderin-Sun-MIB-2012-/152395148643?hash=item237b756d63:g:3z4AAOSw5VFWFZtg

I am not sure who has a copyright for this picture – Bergdorf Goodman or Estee Lauder Inc. 

Galina

Ann is trying to sell Estee Lauder America the Beautiful (2002) powder compact (eBay item number:  162357188693) 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Estee-Lauder-Solid-Perfume-Powder-Compact-America-the-Beautiful-MIB-2002-/162357188693?hash=item25cd3e1855:g:5I8AAOSwj85YMeVr 

with the picture from Brigitte website:  

http://www.swisslady.com/POWDER.php?start=5&sort=NUMBER2&rop=5&Name=america%20the 

please look at the picture (posted by Brigitte in 2003) with the same shadow at the bottom of the compact.  

Ann is claiming that she has a copyright on Brigitte pictures.  

Please let us know what you think.

Sandra

She must be one lazy girl to not be able to take photos of her own stuff she has for sale.

Is it really that hard to get the item out, take a few photos (I assume everybody has a camera on their mobile phone in this day and age), upload and list it like everybody else?

Nobody should have to use other people’s photos to list items online . . . Unless of course you don’t actually have the item and are scamming . . .

Just plain lazy I say. But we’ll ‘get over it’, just as soon as you stop doing it, Ann.

Please be honest with yourself and stop the denial. The world can be a better place if we all do the right thing by each other.

nyslzzle
    Participant

Galina …..

I am reposting from the other page because this post says it all. But I wanted to mention a few more things. Brigitte just posted that if someone pays a photographer to take pictures then they don’t own them. What? She herself told me a long time ago that she paid someone to take her pictures. Are you crazy? 

Yes my books are relisted again and that is because YOU didnt bring legal action against me and I have a copyright and Ebay allowed them to be relisted.

Galina why haven’t you written that you are claiming that I used ONE picture that you say is yours but is not?

SANDRA, really your such a hypocrite and you have no idea what is going on here except what your friends are saying. You know you emailed me that you loved my books!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all. I can write big too.

Galina you had a chance to do something legally but did not which means you are the one lying here.

Both you and Brigette reported my books to Ebay VERO who in turn removed my items until I could prove copyright. I did send MY copyright in to them and they in turn forwarded copies of it to both Galina and Brigette. Both of you had sufficient time to bring legal action before Ebay would allow the item to be relisted. Neither did that. Case closed.

I am not using this site for profit of any kind. IN FACT, I have helped many members and other collectors who have thanked me profusely for giving them something they needed. Why is it that you all praised Ms. Gerson and I am a monster. You are all just jealous that you didn’t think of creating a book or that you were all to lazy to create a book. 

Further more, my book is the same thing as any other guide books of collectible items. Coins, baseball cards, comic books, toys etc all have guide books that can be searched. I think you all need to research the meaning of copyright.  Also you might be a bit too old to understand that due to the internet age pictures are everywhere. I want to see you go after every single person on Pinterest who has one of your pictures taken from Ebay. AND make sure you read the fine print in Ebay that says they can keep the pictures you list for their own catalog.

Galina you had plenty of time to sue me and you didn’t.

My advise to you is to sit down and shut up.

Sandra, I have no issues with you but i need to tell you that this site is not only to chat. There is a section for items for sale isn’t there? All of my posts are to chat anyway. You never had an issue with me when you wanted to purchase something from me. Do I need to post all the purchases you made with me including my books? I think you need to know all the sides before you begin talking.

Sandra

Ann, please get your facts straights before you accuse me of being a hypocrite.  I have NEVER emailed you about liking your books. I haven’t bought them, I haven’t been given them.  You are mistaken of who I am if you think I have purchased anything from you recently.  I have only purchased from you once around about 2008.  This is where I draw my experience with you from.  You sent me a Royal Parasol which had a bent handle and you tried to convince me that his is how it comes.  You also sent me some items that were “filled” with Estee Lauder perfume, only to be discovered that they weren’t filled with the original perfume by Estee Lauder, but with a “similar scent” you had made and then just told me that it was the original item without the box/es.  All the items you sent me were returned at my cost (both ways) for a refund after you admitted to your “errors” because I was going to complain to Ebay and had Paypal protection. 

If you indeed have emails etc from me as you say purchasing other items and books from you, I’d be VERY interested to see these ! Feel free to post them because I am 100% sure they aren’t mine and you are once again, fabricating a story to make yourself look innocent. :wacko:

Sandra

Yes, you can sell on this site in the For Sale section only.  If you read the rules of the Administrator (which is asked of you before posting) , this site is NOT to be used for advertising goods you have for sale on other sites . . .  which I am sure I wrote last time.

I await your personal apology on both counts of accusing me of being a hypocrite and for saying you have no issues with me and then saying I don’t know what I’m talking about.  You have a very short memory of who you deal with because you are only chasing the $$$.

Galina

For the last 10 years I have been researching and learning about Estée Lauder collectible solid perfume compacts. During these years I have met many dedicated collectors. These are collectors that are spread out all over the world. Collectors look for any and all information about these beautiful compacts but there are a very limited number of resources for this information. I have only found a few good resources. One of these is the previously published book listing all the solid perfumes from 1967 to 2001, there are some websites that are run by collectors and eBay.

After thinking about it for a long time, I decided to create an educational book that will bring the collectors needed information on the Estée Lauder solid perfume compacts from 2002 to the present 2015. Now the collectors will have a reference to see what they want or need in order to complete their collections. In this educational guide you will find the name of the solid, the scent it holds and the original cost of the solid when it was released.

Book is in the process of printing. It will be ready to ship by May 8th. You can order on eBay or Etsy, or send me a message.

attachicon.gifListing Pic Temp.jpg

Everyone has Google on his/her iPhone or iPad these days – So why, in this day and age, would any author dare to plagiarize from the work of another?  lack of intelligence or common sense ?

nyslzzle
    Participant

Thanks for the plug Galina. Much appreciated, I’m sure I will get a bunch of orders ow that this was brought back to the front page. : )

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.