Solid Perfume Forums Help Desk Fyi: Email Virus Warning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Just a heads up for all our members, there's a nasty little email virus going around that has a variety of subjects and messages. It may even appear to come from someone you know.

You can tell when you get it though, it will always have a .zip file attached and it will give you a number required to open it.

Needless to say, DON'T open the zip file.

-Jack

Charlotte

QUOTE(Jack @ Mar 3 2004, 06:30 PM)
    Just a heads up for all our members, there's a nasty little email virus going around that has a variety of subjects and messages. It may even appear to come from someone you know.

You can tell when you get it though, it will always have a .zip file attached and it will give you a number required to open it.

Needless to say, DON'T open the zip file.

-Jack

Yes, Jack

I've already received it. The appearing sender was Swisslady and the attach was “attach.zip”, but Norton antivirus stopped it. The virus was Beagle32.

Charlotte

Petals

Jack is that the NETSKY VIRUS WARNING which I received from my friend in Canada?

Really worrying that it uses names of people we know! Jack, is there any way we can identify ourselves as the 'real thing'?

Jack
    Keymaster

Virii are generally transmitted through attached files. If you receive an email with an attached file – even from someone you know – it is best not to open the attachment until you verify that it actually came from the sender or you scan it with anti-virus software.

Of course if you are expecting a certain file to be emailed to you from a certain person, odds are that it's pretty safe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.