Solid Perfume Forums General Lauder Solids Talk Death Of Estee Lauder

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Just heard that Estee Lauder passed away on Saturday, 4/24 at her home in Manhatten at the age of 97. Never met the lady but she had one heck of a sense of vision, not to mention courage! She certainly changed my life, considering I never knew her. Lisa

Our respects go out to her family and friends. She was truly a remarkable woman.

Galina

CNN announced that the Queen of Cosmetics Estee Lauder (1908-2004) started her business from mixing creams in her kitchen in 1946.

1999 Time magazine included Estee Lauder in their list of the 100 most remarkable people of the century.

From All of Us with Deepest Sympathy,
    May it help her family to know that we care!

Don and Margaret

a.

Don and Margaret

a.

Petals

[/I]I would also like to take this opportunity to express my deepest sympathy to her family and loved ones. May she rest in peace.

mimi

Estee Lauder was truly brilliant woman.

I can honestly say that the Lauder Line has made a diffence for me.

My sympathies to her family are extended….she was a great lady!

Mimi

Ann and Ken

We would like to send our thoughts and prayers to the family .

Ken & Ann

loveperfume

She truly was a remarkable woman. Sincerest sympathy to her family.

Sandra

Yeah – what a lady !! I was reading about it over here on the weekend . . . she was really able to do a lot for people and as we all know, her legend will live on for a long, long time!!

Good on ya, Estee – Rest In Peace.

Liliane

Goodbye to a great lady. She will be long remembered.
    She was ahead of her time in a business world dominated by men.

Liliane

Michele

Beautifully expressed, Liliane. And so very true. Estee Lauder was, in every sense of the word, A Woman of Substance!

Michele

luscious11@aol.com

Hello Everyone!

Just Read all the nice things everyone has said about Estee Lauder…..And I agree with you all….she was truly a remarkable woman…
    I can't even imagine how many lives Estee Lauder has touched and made better just by being the determined young woman she was from that very first day at the Saks Fifth Avenue store in New York City. I wonder if she really had any idea of how much she would effect the lives of so many women…I wish I could have been there so I could have seen her selling her cream to all those women!!!
    She was the original……and always will be…..
    How fortunate we all are to have been exposed to her ideas, products,etc…
    ESTEE LAUDER IS BEAUTY TO ME……SHE IS WHY I WANT TO BE BEAUTIFUL!!
    SHE IS WHY I FEEL BEAUTIFUL EACH DAY I GET UP AND GET MYSELF TOGETHER!

ESTEE LAUDER, I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOU AND FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR WOMEN ALL OVER THE WORLD. THANK YOU. GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU IN HIS ARMS.

PAMELA

lauderlady

Goodbye and god bless.
    97 what a ripe old age.
    May the fantastic fragrances and beauty products from EL help us all live to a ripe old age!

P.E.Parry

At the Saturday convention business meeting the President of the IPBA, ElsaBeth,
    acknowledged the passing of Estee Lauder. She praised her wondeful contribution to the world of perfume and cosmetics.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.