Post count: 2188

QUOTE(Karin @ Jul 12 2004, 12:54 PM)
The word I was looking for is for the money compensation you sometimes get when you are sacked. In Swedish it is such a fancy word I can┬ąt even make a rough translation.

Karin – the word you're looking for might be “redundancy” . . . it's when your job doesn't 'exist' anymore (mainly due to multi-tasking or computers) and they want to get rid of you, so they pay you out.