wjh414
'Ar' wrote on '02:

Sandra,

I lived in New York State where it would go below zero farenheit frequently in the winter, colder than that with the wind chill factor. When breathing outside, the insides of my nose would stick together! Now I live in Florida where it has been 90+ degrees F every day. 😎

Ar

P.S. I LOVED Australia — I've been to Lamington NP, Sydney, Adelaide, Kangaroo Island and my favorite — Tassie, especially Cradle Mountain.

I can relate to that, Ar! I grew up in Minnesota where it got to be 30 degrees below zero F. with a windchill factor making it 60 degrees below zero. We had to have electric heaters added to our car engines and plug them in every night or the car wouldn't start in the morning when you needed to go to work. I'm so glad I moved to California 31 years ago! I love the sunshine and mild temps especially as I get older. 😆

I would still love to travel to Australia – my mom visited many years ago and absolutely fell in love with the country and its people. She brought me back a gorgeous opal that I had bezel set and wear on a necklace. After all these years it still retains all the brilliance and different colors. Stay warm all our Aussie members!

Wendy